In June 2018, CDSS began a new Web Chat series to support organizers of dance, music, and song communities across the continent and beyond. For each Web Chat, a pertinent topic is chosen and guest organizers from communities having success with that topic are invited to share their valuable experiences and suggestions (Q&A included).
Join us for our next Web Chat:
Details coming soon.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Help us expand this reentry resource!
Is your group considering reentry? Check out Groups that Have Resumed In-person Events to access firsthand experiences from groups that have reopened their events. If your group has resumed and would like to pass along what you’ve been learning, please take our survey. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Web Chat:
Building Cultural Equity in Communities
October 25, 2022
An online discussion to support organizers of dance, music, and song groups
This Web Chat provided firsthand experiences from organizers who have used CDSS grants to provide diversity, equity, and inclusion training for their groups. We heard about ways they have been applying what they’ve learned from these valuable workshops, and what’s next for their groups. We also included plenty of time for Q&A. Our special guests were:
- Cindy Culbert and Rich Dempsey: Country Dancers of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
- Janet Yeracaris and Vince O’Donnell: New England Folk Festival Association (New England region)
- Lauren Keeley: DanceFlurry Organization (Albany, NY)
Previous Web Chats
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 7: Singing Together Safely May 4, 2022
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 6: Prioritizing Safety at In-person Dances February 28, 2022
- Weathering the Winter Together November 1, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 5: News from Groups That Have Resumed In-person Events August 12, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 4: Addressing Legal and Other Burning Questions May 19, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 3: An MD Discusses Vaccines, and We Discuss Our Sector’s Needs March 1, 2021
- Singing and Playing Music in REAL TIME! An online discussion for organizers of song communities and open bands January 13, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry: Working Together Now for a Strong Return to Dancing October 21, 2020
- Supporting Song Communities Across the Continent September 16, 2020
- Let’s Talk About Reentry: Recommendations and Q&A for Organizers July 8, 2020
- Yes we CAN keep in touch! Connecting Our Communities During the Pandemic April 29, 2020
- Diversifying Income: Thinking Outside the Money Basket February 12, 2020
- Connecting Community Sing Organizers October 16, 2019
- Building Safe Dance Communities July 11, 2019
- Family/Community Dance Organizers Unite! April 4, 2019
- Increasing Youth Involvement January 16, 2019
- Creating a Thriving Open Band September 20, 2018
- Boosting AttenDANCE June 21, 2018