Job Title: Webmaster
Contract Position: 10-12 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary range: $28-$34 per hour DOE
Location: Remote work possible, organization based in Easthampton, MA
The CDSS website is a key engine in the organization's business model, one that drives core operations such as the CDSS store, annual giving, donations, insurance, and camp revenues. The site also functions as a resource for CDSS' constituencies, providing vital tools and information to start, develop, and foster traditional dance and song community events, workshops, and groups.
The webmaster helps CDSS fulfill its mission and goals by maintaining CDSS' extensive digital presence, ensuring that the website stays online, functions without flaw, and provides users a rich and satisfying online experience.
The webmaster may conduct work remotely but also from time to time may be required to come into the CDSS office in Easthampton, MA. It is expected that the webmaster will be available to work directly with various CDSS staff members either remotely or in the office.
Specific duties include:
- Post updates to sections and pages of the site as necessary, particularly relating to the CDSS News, community and online resources, development, e-library, and publications
- Add new pages or sections as needed
- Maintain website sections for current camp year and archive pages from previous camp years
- Update site extensions and Joomla versions as needed
- Maintain CDSS online events calendar
- Assist Sales & Publidacations manager with troubleshooting online store issues as needed.
- Debug and resolve website performance issues in a timely fashion
- Act as a liaison between the site’s host (Liquid Web), CDSS’ IT partners (Northeast IT), and the staff
- Troubleshoot users’ (including staff members) experiences of the site such as locating content, broken links, etc.
- Make corrections to website copy directly or arrange for the corrections to be made
- Assist the Marketing & Design Manager in future changes to the website
- Demonstrated expertise in the Joomla content management system (specifically Joomla 3.x)
- Proficient in HTML and PHP syntax
- Skill with writing CSS code
- Ability to navigate phpMyAdmin and MySQL
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Mac OS, and Windows
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Salesforce Platform
- Experience with IT or other customer support
Send resume by 1/31/19 to Lynn Nichols at email@example.com.
Job Title: Business Manager
Scope: 25 hr/week salaried exempt position with benefits
Based at: Country Dance and Song Society, Easthampton, MA
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000 DOE
Under the direction of the Executive Director, responsible for the day-to-day business operations of the organization. Provides leadership in several areas of financial management. Oversees the general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, budget preparation & monitoring, tax return preparation, and is the primary contact for the annual financial audit. Provides accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Key Finance and HR Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. In collaboration with the Executive Director, prepare the annual budget and lead the budget presentation and discussion with the Finance Committee
2. In collaboration with the Accounting Manager, maintains the general ledger, payable and payroll of the organization
3. Prepare entries to the general ledger
4. Track daily cash balance to ensure adequate funds are available to meet operating requirements
5. Prepare monthly financial package to be disbursed to the Executive Director and Finance Committee
6. Develop financial reports to the Executive Director and Finance Committee as requested
7. Coordinate the annual health insurance renewal and review
8. Maintain corporate policies in order to comply with Federal and State regulations
9. Develop and implement new financial and/or organizational policies as required
10. Prepare annual filings within filing deadline, including (but not limited to):
a. Form 990 and Form 990-T, and present to the Finance Committee for their review
b. MA Form PC, and present to the Finance Committee for their review
c. All grant filings and generate Funder’s reports (currently this includes a Mass. Cultural Council [MCC] grant)
d. Form 5500-SF and Form 8995-SSA pension filings
e. Fee Disclosure filing with TIAA-CREF
f. Mass Form AP-1 and Annual Report filing
11. Maintain personnel files, including application, resume, and required tax documents
12. Orient new employees to organizational policies and procedures
13. Assist employees with employment and benefit plan questions
14. Other duties as required
- Comfortable communicating and managing staff and outside vendors
- Works well with others
- Proactive, self-motivated, shows initiative
- Well organized
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Able to work required hours
- Flexibility to work extended hours if needed
- Ability to work from home as needed
Specific Job Skills:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of maintaining account balances and reporting on their status.
- Works independently based on company policy and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in managing multiple activities & priorities
- Demonstrates efficient time management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Quickbooks accounting software.
- Salesforce experience desirable
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
Send cover letter and resume to Bob Blondin at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 4th to ensure consideration