In June 2018, CDSS began a new Web Chat series to support organizers of dance, music, and song communities across the continent and beyond. For each Web Chat, a pertinent topic is chosen and guest organizers from communities having success with that topic are invited to share their valuable experiences and suggestions (Q&A included).
Join us for our next Web Chat:
Check back soon for details!
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Latest Web Chat:
Communities in Conflict
May 30, 2023
An online discussion to support organizers of dance, music, and song groups
From disagreements about COVID protocols to strong feelings about role terms on the dance floor, dance leaders and organizers have been in the middle of passionate community discussions the past few years. As an organizer, what approaches and techniques can you use to help your group through these rough patches? And what can you do to keep your own balance along the way?
CDSS Executive Director Katy German joined Jenny Beer, Dana Dwinell-Yardley, Sue Songer, and Kathy Story for a conversation about working through conflict as a community.
Previous Web Chats
- Recruiting and Keeping Volunteers! March 7, 2023
- Building Cultural Equity in Communities October 26, 2022
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 7: Singing Together Safely May 4, 2022
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 6: Prioritizing Safety at In-person Dances February 28, 2022
- Weathering the Winter Together November 1, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 5: News from Groups That Have Resumed In-person Events August 12, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 4: Addressing Legal and Other Burning Questions May 19, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry, Part 3: An MD Discusses Vaccines, and We Discuss Our Sector’s Needs March 1, 2021
- Singing and Playing Music in REAL TIME! An online discussion for organizers of song communities and open bands January 13, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Reentry: Working Together Now for a Strong Return to Dancing October 21, 2020
- Supporting Song Communities Across the Continent September 16, 2020
- Let’s Talk About Reentry: Recommendations and Q&A for Organizers July 8, 2020
- Yes we CAN keep in touch! Connecting Our Communities During the Pandemic April 29, 2020
- Diversifying Income: Thinking Outside the Money Basket February 12, 2020
- Connecting Community Sing Organizers October 16, 2019
- Building Safe Dance Communities July 11, 2019
- Family/Community Dance Organizers Unite! April 4, 2019
- Increasing Youth Involvement January 16, 2019
- Creating a Thriving Open Band September 20, 2018
- Boosting AttenDANCE June 21, 2018