You can add your group's events to the CDSS calendar. At first glance, this may seem a little daunting, so here are step by step instructions to make it as painless as possible.
Step 1 - Click on Add an Event
Without logging in to the CDSS site, look for the blue box at the bottom of the Events Calendar page. Click on "Add an event" at the top of this box.
Step 2 - Fill out your event information
In the screen that opens up (the "Common" tab) fill out your event title.
Next, select your event categories. Click in the box to the right of Categories and a dropdown list will appear - you can select multiple categories.
Next, add your event description. Please include:
- Sponsor (that would be your organization!)
- Website URL
- Text about your event - there's no limit to what you can put here, but try to keep it to a few paragraphs or less
Step 3 - Select or Add Location
Once you've entered the event description, select or add a location by clicking on the Select Location button.
In the screen that pops up, check to see if your event location is listed. If it isn't, click on Create Location.
In the next screen, fill out your event location information. When you are done, click Save or Save & Close to save your location.
Step 4: Fill out Contact and Extra Info
Before you leave the "Common" tab, type in the name/email address for the contact person for your event and enter any additional information about the event in the Extra Info box.
Step 5: Fill out your own name and email address
For verification purposes, fill out your name and email address. Click out the captcha field now or wait until you've done Step 6.
Step 6: Enter Your Event Day and Time Information
Click on the Calendar tab on the top of the screen.
Next, check the box to the right of "All day event or unspecified time"
Now fill in your event day/s:
- For one time (special) events that last a day, make the start date the same as the end date
- For weekend events or week-long events, put the last day of the event into the end date box
- For repeating events, make the start date and end date the date of the first of the repeated events
Step 7 - Set up event repeats
If you have a repeating event (such as a dance series), you'll need to set up your repeats.
- For an event that happens every month, select Monthly.
- Enter the number of repeated events (counting the first one).
- Select the day or days of the week of the repeating event.
- Select the week/s of the month of the repeating event.
The event in the image at right is set up to repeat on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of each month.
Step 8 - Save your Event
When you are done creating your event, click the Save & Close button. Your event will then be submitted to the webmaster, who will review it and publish it in a timely fashion.
Ready to add an event? Click HERE