Group affiliation is an important way to support the work of CDSS. We welcome groups that practice and promote English and Anglo-American traditional, historical and folk dance, music and song.
BENEFITS OF GROUP MEMBERSHIP
As a member of CDSS, you'll receive the benefits listed below and join the more than 300 groups across the US, Canada, and beyond who are supporting our dance and music community.
- CDSS News — quarterly newsletter packed with interesting articles, tunes, dances,...
- Publicity — your group will appear in our Group Directory, and we will list your events in our events calendar
- Advertising — 50% discount on placing ads in the CDSS News
- Mailing labels — 50% discount on mailing labels from the CDSS mailing list, in zip code order.
- Group Affiliates pay 3¢ per label ($30 minimum charge, plus shipping; approved nonmember groups pay 6¢ per label ($60 minimum charge, plus shipping). This is for snailmail labels only; we don't share our email list.
- Financial assistance — grants are available to help groups start new events (weeks, weekends, festivals), train leaders, and create publications
- Equipment rental — ritual dance equipment (swords, hankies, bellpads) is available on short term loan and for a modest fee
- Store consignment — items from the CDSS Store are available for resale on consignment
- Store discount — 10% discount on items from the CDSS Store
- Advice — CDSS offers advice on programming, group organization, financial reporting, bylaws writing, registration procedures, sound equipment and staff suggestion
- Liability Insurance — group affiliates are eligible for Group Liability Insurance
- Summer programs — group affiliates are eligible for Priority Admission & Matching Scholarships
- Tax-exempt status — group affiliates are eligible for federal Nonprofit / Tax Exempt status
- Free Fractured Atlas Associate Membership — Any CDSS member can become an Associate Member of Fractured Atlas for free and take advantage of the services they offer. Fractured Atlas is a nonprofit group that serves arts organizations nationwide. Services available to CDSS members include access to health insurance, online courses to help with fundraising, marketing and other business topics, access to their calendar, and special offers and discounts. Learn more about Fractured Atlas.
- Children's Music Network, our new non-profit partner! The Children's Music Network celebrates the positive power of music in the lives of children by sharing songs, exchanging ideas, and creating community. Both organizations are excited about the opportunities that this partnership offers to all our members, and about our shared commitment to the value of participatory arts. CDSS members can register for the CMN conferences and receive a $30 discount allowing you to register at the CMN Member rate. When you register enter the special PROMO Code: CDSS. That's easy! Additionally, if you decide to become a member of CMN at that time, you would receive an additional $30 savings. Learn more about CMN and its members at www.cmnonline.org.